Monday, November 15, 2010

Angels Across the Miles, By Adele Marie

Angels Across the Miles, By Adele Marie


I need you now more than ever….

This year marks the five year anniversary of my Mom transitioning and as Thanksgiving nears this is where my heart is…flooding thoughts and memories of a beautiful strong woman. So many things come to mind with each memory of her that it reminds me every day to be thankful for each and all individuals we have in our lives…to everything thing we call home or surround us that makes us comfortable.

My Mom was just like you and I, a hard working woman who brought seven children into this world…and she was never allowed to forget it either…one daughter and six sons was seven Blessings made in Heaven…she worked hard each day, dealt with teachers and school appointments, the doctors, dentist, grocery shopping, etc…You never really saw my Mom without seeing a child in her arms, whether to feed and burp, giving a cookie, bringing a present or lunch…to just being their friend, swinging in her swing outside her front door… I do not even remember a time when she was without a child around her….They say “ the Kingdom of God belongs to the innocent of Heart”….Well Mom, I know you are in the Kingdom and I know you have a child on your lap right now laughing at all of us with God by your side….

I need you now more than ever….in all these five years there is not a moment that goes by that I do not say “I need you now more than ever Mom”…and I sit down and cry and with each passing day I can hear her laugh as she says “ you will be just fine”….

“I do not want to be fine I want you here and now and I need you more than ever…can you find the time…why did you have to go and leave it all this way…I still need your assistance to get through… I need you now more than ever”…

And with each time that I hear my self say “I need you now more than ever” I do get through it all, even if it means I then become Mom and do it her way…….Because with each passing day I find that everything that Mom taught me in all the years gone by, no matter that I did not want to hear it back then or not…but with each passing day her words are there to continue to teach me along the way…I then sit and laugh to myself at the way I understood what she was teaching me, the way she handled things that I would not have handled that way…the way she allowed herself to be the teaching tool for every child that was around her…and most of all the Loving Smile that she gave each and everyone of us…

To this day I never forget one thing that I experienced or my Mom’s words to get me through the lesson….as always my life is better for that which I did not do and that which I did because of her.... it comes to the surface more and more and I see the gentle way she did what she was here to do…Laugh and Love us and just get us through what we here on Mother Earth to live each day…another passing of time to mark another living day…


So as Angels Across the Miles I give a gift to you from my Mom and Me…Be gentle to those around you, even though you have had a bad day or one that needs not ever to be lived again, be good to yourself.

We all have Loved ones with whom we miss who have transitioned. We all have Mom’s we wish we could talk to or see again and there are many who have Mom’s who may be not feeling well, have had a hard or long day, who likes to tell you what to do and who to see, who likes to make comments good, bad, or indifferent about your hair, the clothes you wear, the friends you have, the food you eat, the way you walk, talk, sit or sneeze…but in all of it… what is it about your Mom that stands out the most? Is it the way she cooks, or makes sure you are okay, is it the way she has to have a cup of tea or coffee to start her day, Is it the way she takes to long to tell you a story about the lady across the street …or is it the way she looks at you when you are not looking that tells her whole story of her Love for you….

No matter what your Mom does, how she acts, eats or sleeps…think about the type of day your Mom has had, think about everything she does to put food on the table or to bring you that small treat, think about how she would love to put her feet up or give you hug, and then take the time to tell Mom how much you Love her. She may not be the Betty Crocker of your street but she is still your Mom…She is still a person living here right now and trying to get through it the best way she can and she is still on her feet when the day is through. Moms are the back bone of the World and Mom’s need to know they are loved too and not when they are giving you your way.

Just remember when Mom is not here any longer make sure you have no…. I wish I could of should of’s….take time to see your Mom, take time to give her a call…take time to do lunch or breakfast, take time to take a deep breath when you believe she is getting on your nerves or making you mad…take the time today to enjoy Mom in everyway…You can fight and disagree, you can yell and make a scene, you can give her all your hatred that you can…but never… never… leave without saying I LOVE YOU MOM…

We all have pictures to remember our loved ones by, we all have memories of times that got away and times of great joy… take the time to sit down with Mom and maybe record yourselves together, having lunch, a drink, playing a game ( yes, you are never to old)…but one thing you will never have if you do not go out and try it today…is the voice of your Mom when she has gone away…

It is in our hands that which we live and do to become and be…a gentle reminder for all to see the lessons, learning and journey through what we call life…to open ourselves in a way to understand that we all are here together…we all have that which it takes to give as much as we take…to be that which God has given us to be…No matter who you are or what you do…be Thankful this Holiday and each living day through…

I need you now more than ever MOM….That will not change, a gentle reminder that you made your mark on history whether you are known by many or not…for this is one daughter that values the mark you have made and would give anything for another…

So to this Angels Across the Miles I share a little of my day on Thanksgiving…I give Honor and Love to All Moms around the World…you are the back bone and true leaders of the World…You work through every adversary that comes before you…you know when to smile and when to fight…you know that no matter what… no one will know you as much as your children and no one will love your children as much as you do. For in each child is an aspect of your love, determination, commitment and knowledge that the World is a much better place when there is a Mom to go home to…


Much Love and Blessings to you this Thanksgiving Holiday…no matter who you are or what color your skin, what you believe in, or where you live…

God Loves you for being YOU!


Love, Laughter & Light, Adele Marie

All Rights Reserved 2010© Adele Marie… Adele Linsalata Angelic Wise Ones